Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ok, im back! with a few things to share....

Firstly, this LO below is the ONLY LO I have done of Zak....it was the day he was born, meeting Daddy only minutes old.....yes, how slack am I....only 1 LO of Mr Z.

We are still really struggling with his sleeping unfortunately....at almost 9 months old, he is a shocking sleeper.So getting only 1 good night every 7-8 days is very draining. I guess this would explain my lack of mojo since he has arrived into our family.

I guess it's my karma for having miss K who was an awesome sleeper, who slept thru the night from 6 weeks old.(yes I know, we were sooooooo very lucky!)

Anyway, I really like this LO, I suck at taking pics tho! You can't really see the detail,so from now on I think I will take some close ups of my LO's so u can!




This LO I made for an old school friend, who sadly lost her little man not long after he was born.
You can't really see in the pic, but I have an acetate sleeve on the left hand side of the LO, so she could choose her favourite pic of her precious little angel to put in...

It took me alot of time, and procrastination to actually do this one....She is not a scrapper, so I wasn't sure, and was really worried if I was over stepping the mark by doing this LO.
Also, it made me reflect and think alot....just how damn lucky I am to have 2 healthy children.

It made me take a step back, and to realize that at times when I whinge, and think it's all too hard, that there are people out there who are far worse off and struggling with much greater issues than me...

She text me when she received it and said she loved it and will treasure it forever....so that was a nice reply to hear. I am so glad that maybe just maybe, I have helped somehow in the healing process for her.



Our biggest event so far this year is miss K's first day of big school! It's Kindy here in NSW.
Over the chrissy holidays she wanted to wear her uniforn nearly every day! I told her she would wear it out before school even started! lol
She is quite shy by nature, so I was a little worried we would have tears come the first day....but NO! She just lined up with all the other little ones and headed into the classroom! what the? lol
I even had to call her back for a goodbye kiss!!! Poor mummy! lol
I can't believe our little girl is now a big school girl....


Now,a big thank you to the girls who have visited me here and left a comment!
I truely appreciate it!☺

I must go now, have to head over to miss K's school for a parent/teacher interview!
OMG! 3 days of school and this is happening already! lol

Bye for now♥

9 comments:

  1. YAY! You have a blog!

    Hugs to you and your family :)

    Maz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing are your LOs! I love the one of your baby boy meeting his Daddy. And it moved me to see the LO you made for your grieving friend. What a lovely friend you are.

    How exciting for your DD to start school! I hope she had a fantastic day!

    Hugs XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you have a blog Di...
    Love to see your layouts, I also haven't scrapped much since my little man arrived. It's just hard to find the time when he demands 100% of my attention!!

    My baby girl started school this year too, no tears from her either, she has been counting down the days for at lest 6 months...

    Take care :-)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di
    Welcome to blogging world. I have nominated you for a challenge just check out my blog...whenever you get time...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO'S.. What a gorgeous page to send to you're friend. I am sure she would just treasure that forever :) Good luck to Kyiah with her first year at kindy xx
    Lys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Di...YOu had me in tears when I read about your LO for you friend who lost her lil man! You are such a special person, and this was a beautiful gesture! You are a beautiful scrapper!
    I lost my sister when I was just 5 yrs old and she was only 3 and I have been trying to do some pages of the few photos that I have of her and I together. You have just given me the strength to finally tackle these photos now! Thank you!
    And you lil girl looks so cute in her school uniform, and hopefully your lil man will start to sleep through for you really soon. Luv Shaz xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks so very much for your wonderful welcome and comments girls!

    At the moment I have 2 very sick kids, so have limited time on the net, but when they are on the mend, I will be sure to visit your blogs too!

    Thanks again♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to blog world. I love you LO's just gorgeous and very heartfelt. You need to get your blog addy on your signature in the forum chick! Oh and I have added you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos and love love your scrapping sweet Di xxx

    ReplyDelete