Monday, February 16, 2009

A magic wedding...

We had a great Valentines Day...we went to our good friends wedding! It was just beautiful.

Although it was supposed to be an outdoor ceremony, mother nature had other ideas, and decided we needed torrential rain instead.
As it turns out, this didn't dampen the spirit of the day at all, the ceremony was held where the reception was setup.
And WOW! It was just amazingly beautiful, just perfect! But I always have been a sucker for weddings! lol

I took over 140 pics! lol! So I will share a few with you!
The pouring of the sand vase.The crystals represent the bride,groom and their daughter...how sweet is that!

The wedding cake...bottom half chocolate, and top half white chocolate...so yummy!
They had a local little old lady make it, although by the taste of it, I think maybe she could have been having a little tipple herself while baking, and possibly some of the rum found its way into the mixture! lol
That wasn't part of the plan, as the cake was used instead of other desserts, and the kids needed to be able to eat it too! Note;no harm came to any of the children!
The beautiful heart decoration that adorned the covered decking where the wedding was held.


The pouring of the sand ceremony...so unique and special.The bride and groom each pouring coloured sand into the vase in unison.




This pic is of me and Kyiah at home before we left....
We had arranged for Mr Z to spend the afternoon and night at his Nanny's, as you know from my last post....he still isn't well...so to cut a long story short, My mum and her neighbour(who happens to be a child and family health nurse!) had to take him to the hospital....turns out that it isn't just a virus like our GP had said, he has a severe middle ear infection!!!!!
The guilt I feel is still so tremendous at the moment.
I am so disappointed in our GP for not picking it up, and I am disappointed in myself for not going with my gut feeling and taking him back or getting a second opinion sooner.
My little man has been in agony for 2 weeks, and here I was last post selfishly whinging...I have learnt a lesson from all this though....trust your instincts...don't doubt mothers intuition...
So our weekend was half half....half amazing and half not so great.
What did u do for Valentines Day?
I told Russ he was off the hook this year, as were going to the wedding! lol
We don't normally do anything special anyway, but sometimes it is nice just to know you have been thought of, and for me its about the thought, not the gift at all.
I would be happy with a picked flower from the garden!Anytime for that matter! lol
Anyway, chores are calling me, if you stop by, please say Hi!
I wish for you all and your family happiness and good health♥



4 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty Di it is so hard to know what is wrong when they are so little and can't express to you what is a matter. You just have to do the best you can and not be too hard on yourself. I hope he gets better real quick.
    Miriam
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hun, glad it arrived safely - you are more than welcome! You have been in my thoughts lately, especially with Mr Z, and all the health issues you have been facing.

    Gorgeous pics too - thanks for sharing.

    Always remember you are a fabulous mum too!

    Maz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a gorgeous pic of you two :D
    im sorry to hear about mr z, luckily it got picked up in the end and he is hopefully getting better.
    you should have a few words with your gp, he sounds like mine, kind of not picking things up ever.

    take care beautiful girl
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are lovely pics of the wedding, love the sand pouring idea...

    I hope zak is feeling feeling better now...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete